Monday, December 7, 2009

Re: Firefound

Dear Readers,

I told you all that I was exploring the use of Firefound , especially for Malaysian users. Well I have used it at 2 different locations to help track my laptop's whereabouts and so far, from the 2 locations it was relatively close in 1 location while in another, it was quite far off.

The 1st location was in an office, so could that have an effect on tracking the laptop? Overall, the location given in the website was 15km off the actual location of the laptop being tested.

The 2nd location was in a residential area, and also used a wireless connection, and firefound was able to name the strongest WiFi signal in proximity to the laptop! This time, the location could be said to be quite accurate, in fact, the street shown in the website was the street that the laptop was actually on at the time.

Please try to understand, I can only give the above example as I do not wish to divulge my locations (for safety and privacy reasons) but hopefully, all of you are able to understand the points that I am trying to make. :)

Of course, I am only 1 person, so if others in Malaysia wish to give this a try, please do so, and you may leave your feedback regarding this service in my comments section.

Thank you very much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment